Visitors to Carlisle Cathedral can learn more about this twelfth century building and it’s history thanks to new interpretation panels and a scale model.
Funded in part by The North West Development Agency, the five panels and 1:16th scale model of the Cathedral help chart the history of the second smallest cathedral in the country.
Some of the panels are mounted on columns set into stone from nearby Lazonby. These are set at a wheelchair user and child friendly height.
A bronze model, mounted on a stone plinth depicts the site as it would have looked in 1540.
You may also be interested in:
- Carlisle Market-Cross restored
- Industrial past in Carlisle
- The Cursing Stone – Carlisle
- Carlisle City boundary marker ?
- Queen Victoria Monument – Victoria Park – Carlisle